Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pink Bubble Gum out of our Ears!

Our house has been under attack lately. Seth had a cough for a while and gave it to Matt because Matt can't stay out of Seth's face. Matt had a cough and congestion. On Wednesday night Matt told me his ear hurt. The next morning I asked him if it still hurt, he said no. I had figured with all the blowing of his nose he just needed it to pop. That night he woke up crying that his ear hurt so we drugged him up for the night and Friday morning I made the appointment to take him in. Rob took the day off work to take him in and the doc found a double ear infection. The doc said that Matt has a high tolerance for pain, (he gets that from both parents) because they were big time infected. Rob picks up the amoxicillin and off they go.

I had taken Seth to the Moss house so I could go to work and Rob only had one kid to deal with. Soon after getting to work SueAnn lets me know that Seth is not acting like himself. He doesn't want to eat, all he wants to do is sleep and it hurts to do that. She gave him some Tylenol and he finally fell asleep but didn't eat. I call the doc on my way back to their house to make an appointment for Seth. Turns out the brothers had shared without my knowing. Seth had the start of an ear infection in only one ear. So more Tylenol and more amoxicillin for Seth. The receptionist and the pharmacist recognized the last name from that morning and gave me sympathy.

This is the result of the Day to the Doctors.



Let's hope this is the worst that the winter brings.

2 comments:

  1. No kidding! I hope it is the worst that this winter brings to you! What a awesome mom you are! Hope everyone is better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little boys. Glad they got to go in and get medicine though! Hang in there:)

    ReplyDelete