Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Good Bye

This last Saturday I gave Rob the unfortunate duty of taking the black cat to the " old cats home". He had been sick for a long time and was starting to forget where his bathroom was. I would clean the litter box every day and still sometimes come upstairs to a fresh mess. I couldn't have that and have a baby on the floor. Besides he was really sick and it was not good for him to go on like that. When I went to work that day I told Matt to say good bye to the cat so he did so sweetly and told me " Mom he is going to the old cats home for two weeks" I said ok dear. How do you explain to a 3 year old the death of a cat. A white lie for the sake of my dear sweet boy.

I have had Blacky for about 13 years and he was at least two years old when I got him, if not a little more. He has moved with me to 6 different places, up to Tomah and back. He has been through a boyfriend, a fiance, and a husband. He was my little buddy. Blacky would only come out when I was around and no one else. He bolted from any room someone new was in. It took Rob manny years to be able to be in the same room as Blacky. Rob would think it a red letter day when he would be able to pet that cat. My brother Ken had nick named him "chicken Little" because he was so skidish of new people. No one would know I had two cats for they never saw the black one.

Blacky would always come snuggle me and purr really loud when I pet him. At night I would tell him it was time for bed and he would race me to get in bed and keep me warm. Blacky was a really good pet and I know its silly to cry and miss a pet but I do. I like to think of him not suffering anymore and happy again. Dickens, I think, is a little lost for I got them at the same time. Unfortunately his time it ticking away, I believe he has glaucoma in his eye. but we will keep him around for a while.

I will always remember you Blacky.


1 comment:

  1. So sad, Not at all silly to cry over a pet. And I love the bath picture. What a funny cat.

    ReplyDelete