Monday, January 30, 2012

Don't count your chickens before you Blog.

I spoke too soon. Last night Rob and I were awoken by Matt crying in his bed. Come to find out he had vomited on himself and in his bed. Team parents went to work to calm the sad sick child and clean up the mess. New sheets, clean cloths, almost fixed up and Matt vomits on him and dad and the floor. New cloths for both, out comes the spot cleaner for the carpet. I found a bucket and comforted Matt, he has never been a big pucker. It is a scary thing for a kid, to not know what your body is doing. We get things cleaned up and Matt in bed with a bucket close by. It was settled that Rob would go back to bed and I would stay with Matt so he wouldn't be alone. Two minutes later down comes Rob with Seth needing a feeding. Seth back to bed in time to catch another round from Matt, poor kid ended up tossing cookies 8 times in the night every half hour (one more feeding for Seth ). Every time Matt moved or rolled over I was worried he would vomit on himself again so I didn't get much sleep.

Matt spent most of the morning watching cartoons and battling diarrhea. 5 pairs of undies latter Matt goes to take a nap (4 hours long) and Seth starts in for my attention. I was able to catch a few winks today but I am beat. By the end of the night Matt was starting to be more like himself and keeping a little bit of food in him. I am hopeful that tonight will be better. But I am not saying any more for fear of karma coming back.

1 comment:

  1. Sick kids are no fun. Hopefully you will be able to sleep again soon!

    ReplyDelete