Friday, October 14, 2011

A New Addition

Well it finally happened. Saturday night 10-8-11 I started having minor cramping in the middle of Target. I was just out to get out and I thought it would be a good time to get home just because. When I got home I asked Rob if there was anything he needed in the hospital bag and that's when he started really paying attention (this was about 8pm). After much debate as to if we should call Rose in the night for a false alarm, we decided to make the call to have her come watch Matt so we could go to the hospital (this was around 11:30pm).

By the time Rose got to our house contractions were in full swing. Rob in the mean time had been a busy body full of nervous energy. He wanted to be helpful but there wasn't much for him to do sense labor is really a one person job ( it does help to have a cheerleader). He made sure we had the things in the truck, and took out the trash, and looked out the window every two seconds to see if Rose was here yet. It made me laugh a little to see him that way.

We get to the hospital around 1am, dilated to a 7 but still able to walk on my own. They called my doctor to have her come in for the delivery. Next thing you know there she is saying "When they said it was Bonnie I rushed right on over, I know this girl means business." My doc broke my water for me and it was game on from there. No real pain meds or epidural (Chuck Norris has nothing on me!) A half an hour of good pushing and out came a beautiful baby boy all pink and healthy at 2:43am, 7lbs. and 6oz (smaller than Matt) and 19 and 1/2 in long. First thing he does is pee all over me, then he goes to get weighed and he pees all over that too. Go figure.

It took Rob and I till mid-morning to settle on a name for him (we had to look at him and try some out first). Please welcome to the world . . . . . . . . Seth Robert Moss!

We think he looks a great deal like Matt did right a way but just a little different. There will be no mistaking these two for brothers.

Seth
Mom, Dad and Seth

Big Brother Matt
We are all doing well and this is Rob's first day back to work. I really miss having him around. He just jumps right in and was so very helpful. I am trying to get use to having two kids to cart around. Who knows in a few weeks it may become natural.

2 comments:

  1. You look wonderful! Seth is perfect! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob is wearing the shirt he got in Colorado! Sweet! It's almost like I was there.

    Good job you guys.



    Still don't get the quarter though. Like I said before; triplets or GTFO.

    ReplyDelete